Sunday, July 10, 2016

#40 Game Of Thrones It Up

I've been sewing for a solid 6 months and want to take a lil break so I don't get burnt out before the year is done. So in honor of my husband's birthday month, I'll show you a party a threw for him.

I love to do anything to make him feel loved and special (because let's face it, almost every other day of our lives he's spoiling me). It was easy for me to come up with a theme two years ago as we Game of Thronesed it Up!

I made him a throne out of cardboard and metallic paint. Honestly, it looked a lot cooler in my head but I simply ran out of time. I also surprised him with a straight up hand made sharpened sword. Weeks leading up to his birthday I kept saying, "I'm not going to buy you a sword," because I wasn't going to buy him one, I already had and left it hidden in out closet.

These dragon eggs? They are foam craft eggs covered with hundreds of flat push pin and then painted.


We had lemon cookies (for Sansa), chocolate gold coins (because a Lanister always pays his debts) and root beer floats in bright green (wildfire) cups. All food labels complete with a red wax seal on top.

And of course I cut out paper house sigils as a banner. I don't know if my husband liked it more or I liked making all of this for him.




No comments:

Post a Comment