Saturday, January 2, 2016

#17 Make your own stockings! Christmas 2015

Just over four years ago was my first Christmas as a wife. I felt I had really joined the family when my awesome mother-in-law made me this amazing felt stocking to coordinate with the others hung above the fire place.



Much to my husbands' delight, I decided to continue this tradition in our home. So the next few years I made some for us. I find the Bucilla brand felt stocking kits on eBay or amazon. If you LOVE mindless, time-consuming, and tedious tasks with very small pieces...these are for you! I happen to love this stuff.


I essentially followed the (Santa's gift Bucilla Christmas stocking) pattern perfectly for the husband.




And this year I made this for my pup using the pieces from the (Bucilla Santa's Bakery Felt Stocking) I almost completely changed the design. I love that silly dog so much it doesn't matter that if he got his paws on this he'd tear it to shreds.


For some reason I always do things the hard way but once I'm finished I'm so happy I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment