Sunday, January 10, 2016

#19 Upcyle the world!

I love maps. I love globes. I love traveling. I love the world. So naturally I want my home to encompass the things I love.

I know for a fact I copied this idea. Essentially, I got an old school globe from a rummage sale and removed the thin piece of plastic that keeps those hemisperes together.

Since I already owned a stack of vintage maps I used my Big Shot die cut machine and made circle shapes. I used gloss mode podge to keep them all in place. At this point I have and empty globe bowl.


Now this next party was all my idea. What does one fill a globe with? More GLOBES!

Since I've loved all things world for a while, I already had a bunch of little worlds from resale and rummage stores. But I did end up buying a couple more from World Market. Gasp! So not cheap of me. It's okay, I used a coupon.


No comments:

Post a Comment