Saturday, March 5, 2016

#25 Do that thing you said you'd never do and make JEANS Jalie 3461

WHAT?! I can make jeans? This is unreal.


 Not only did I just sew my first pair of pants, they happen to be my favorite, most comfortable, best fitting pair of jeans ever! I'm so so so excited and way proud of myself.


When I first truly wanted to get into sewing from patterns (only a few months ago) I told my friend who was talking me through how to read a pattern I would never make jeans. She wasn't having any of it and said it would be easy. Well largely in thanks to Jalie's Elenore Pull on Jeans 3461. It actually was very doable.



I made these in size U and added 2 inches to the length. I wish I would have added 2.5 inches because they are exactly long enough. After years of everything being too short I would have liked a little wiggle room. #tallgirlproblems. I decided to do all stitching in neon pink because it makes me happy.

I got the super stretch denim from fabric.com. Since these jeans don't have true button and zipper fly the stretch is important. I love the dark wash and apparently it loves me. I didn't notice until after I was done sewing that I had developed hypothermic palms.


And this would be me trying to show you how much they s-t-r-e-t-c-h. I used a self timer and dusted off a few cheer moves. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment