Wednesday, April 6, 2016

#28 Show you how it's done: Jalie Cora Running tights 3462

A few people have asked what it looks like to make something from "scratch" so in this post I'll just show you how it's done. I'm still a beginner and have a lot to learn but this post you'll get to see the process as I continue to be in the process of learning.
This is the Jalie Cora Running tight Pattern I decided on.

It's really fun for me to get all the colors and thoughts swirling around in my head onto paper and these are the colors I laded on for this pair of tights.

Here is the sneak peak of the treasure map that is a sewing pattern. My husband commented that just looking at this stressed him out and couldn't imagine how this is at all fun for me.
Jalie patterns are meant to be reused so a smart friend told me to use the table paper from the Pediatric office I work at. I trace over my size and then cut out the pieces of paper.

I transfer those paper pieces onto fabric and cut.

The rest is like putting together a tedious moving puzzle. These capris have a hidden phone pocket and a super flattering booty which (sorry not sorry) is for my husband's eyes only

Lastly, I get to wear my creation. It is so fun to think, dream, design, and in my case make mistakes along the way to FINALLY get a clothing item I love.

1 comment: