Monday, May 16, 2016

#32 Hack THEE summer dress




I love the idea of shopping at the designer athletic stores, until I see the price tags. One of my main goals in doing this one-year-clothes-making challenge was to get those types of items for WAY less.

I simply needed that hemline!

Today is a VERY very proud day for me because I feel like I actually accomplished that in this Athleta Seeker Tank Dress. Retail $69 Metail $14 for fabric (and time which I never know how to account for.)


I took the basic Jalie racerback tank for my bust and waist. I heightened the neckline, as I do. I'm super grateful for this tutorial because it made adding the binding super helpful.


For the layered asymmetrical  hemline I had to use a bit of ingenuity. I made two front pieces with opposite hems. My pattern pieces aren't pretty, but they're mine, and I like 'em.

I opted not to add the rouching up the side because I liked how it fit as is. In hindsight I probably should have to make it more flattering but I have a feeling I'll get a chance to make this again soon.

Big day for a little beginner seamstress! Now bring on the warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment