Wednesday, August 3, 2016

#43 Make a Baby Shower Gift

It's nice to have a little blogging break from only clothes all the time. I recently was invited to a friend's baby shower and couldn't resist putting my own spin on this cute idea.


I really enjoy making things for kids and love if they can be educational in some way so I decided to hand stitch numbers 1-10, triangles, circles, squares, and rectangles with felt on the backs of these  Dr. Seuss letters. Half way through I had that "What was I thinking starting such a big project" moment and then I remembered: I LOVE doing this stuff and it's a way I can show a sweet friend my love for her (and her baby).


I ended up giving the gift in a cloth bucket, with a Dr. Seuss book, in a square of cellophane, tied with a bow. He may not be able to enjoy (or even hold) this gift for awhile but I hope he knows he is so loved and cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment