Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tip #2 Bring A Friend


Star Wars helm $1.50,
a true diamond in the rough
My friend Jacqui and I, we kill it! We stinking rock at thrifting. We come fully prepared with all of our knowledge of Tip #1 and can bring cheap and dirty shopping to a whole new level.

Have Each Others Back- Jacqui goes in saying she wants flannel and colorful cardigans. I am now searching for those. I say I want skirts, hangers, and vintage picture frames. She will not pass those by. But I also know if I see something with a cat or an owl I’m grabbing it for her. If she sees anything neon pink or Star Wars, it’s in the cart, with my name on it before I blink.

Jacqui once nabbed me a un-opened bottle
 of Philosophy lotion and body wash for $3,
 it still had the $26 price tag on it
We Share a Cart- There is barely enough room for one cart in any isle let alone two. Cart in the middle, Jacqui and I on each side of the cart. We pull EVERY “maybe” item for ourselves and each other because you may never find it again.

Have our Phones Ready- Not only do thrift stores not have dressing rooms, sometimes they don’t have mirrors either. So you pull something over clothes, have a friend snap a quick pic, and that may give you all the answers you need.







Check Items Over- There is a reason someone got rid of everything in that store. your goal is to find that reason before you get home. So look for stains, holes, and fit issues. Sometimes you need to put it back on the rack, sometimes you rise to the challenge. See Tip #3

Give Honest Opinions- Don’t be afraid to say it’s not your color, it’s too small, you can’t fix that, or YOU NEED TO GET THAT! 

I would have left the store without this cozy mint sweater had my girls not told me to buy it. There was a snow storm the day after I got this and it was the ONLY thing I wanted to wear. And yes I made a headband to match!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment