Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tip #3 Rise to the Challenge



Sometimes, despite what you’ve already learned. You get an item home and it just does not work. This outfit is one of my favorites because it was such a challenge.

The Necklace- I love neon pink and really wanted a neon necklace but was only finding ones I liked for around $200. No Way am I paying that. Challenge accepted. I bought this necklace on clearance and used neon nail polish to get the look I was going for. I did warn you, I’m cheap.

The Shirt- This top is an extra-large maternity shirt I bought for the length. I took the sides in to fit my non-prego self. I flipped it backwards to give myself a higher neckline. I might like cheap and dirty, but I’m pretty modest.

The Jacket- A major thrift store find. It’s missing a button but I just don’t care.

The Pants- Oh these pants. They retail at $136. I know I paid less than $10. BUT and this is a big BUTT, they didn’t fit. (See what I did there.)They were too small. So I sliced them up the sides and added black stretch denim. I had no idea what I was doing. I’m just happy I didn’t ruin these. I’ve never been taught how to sew. I bought a sewing machine in college. I YouTubed “how to thread the needle” and have been playing around ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment