Tuesday, June 7, 2016

#35 Are you ready to rummage?

We got swept up in the frenzy of people, smells, and used items (like the spinach bits in my blender from that mornings' green smoothie). A couple minutes of confused wandering passed before I stopped Jacqui and I dead in our tracks, "Look at us acting like a couple of amateurs!"

We have priorities. We need a map. Let's make a plan. Are you ready to rummage? 
Hecks yeah!

The big goal for the BIG rummage sale was fabric and embroidery supplies

Obviously, we got to the sale near the end so everything was 1/2 off, obviously. The craft room was our first stop where we were informed that everything was 1/2 off (as we planned) OR we could do a bag sale (come again?). A bag sale is when you buy an empty garbage bag for $5 and fill said bag with anything in that room, so long as it fits, so help me God, Amen.
I'll take it!

I guarantee nothing else could fit in that bag. Sadly we ripped the handles.
So for a measly paper Lincoln: I doubled my fabric stash,  got oodles of felt, found amazing metal embroidery hoops (and thread to boot). We also experienced the high of a cheap and dirty time.

My beautiful mountain of fabric

I'm looking forward to showing you all the things I'll be making with my new stash including something for my rummage buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment